Pro-Line Cleaning Services, Inc. provides 24/7 emergency water damage restoration and remediation services to the greater Placerville area, El Dorado Hills area, and Folsom area. We have provided an extensive list of questions we are regularly asked by clients. If your question cannot be found on this page or if you have a more specific question, our knowledgeable staff can get you the information you need. Call, (530) 642-8096.
How does water damage happen?
There are a variety of reasons why water damage can occur. Excess, unwanted water in a living space occurs from:
– Natural disasters like hurricanes and floods
– Uninsulated pipes which burst during cold months
– Malfunctioning appliances which can release water causing it to pool up, which may not be noticeable.
– Overflowing septic tanks which can force sewage to flow into your crawlspace or home.
– Dirty and clogged gutters which cause water to back up and possibly leak into your home.
– Poorly constructed bathtubs and showers without the proper sealing which when gone unknown can cause wood rot and become a major safety hazard.
How to prevent water damage
- Keep appliances maintained properly to prevent unexpected malfunctions.
- Have monthly inspections done of your sceptic tank to ensure no unexpected issues arise.
- We recommend that every resident in your home know where the water supply valve is and how to turn it off in the event of an emergency. Once you’ve identified a burst pipe, the faster you turn the main line off the less water there will be.
- Watch your water bill, if you see a sudden increase it could indicate a problem, such as a leaky pipe.
- Foul Odors, or black spots (usually mold) are a sign that there may be water damage. In which case you should immediately call Pro-Line Cleaning Services, Inc.
What should I do after a find a water leak, flood or sewage overflow?
The absolute first thing to do is contact a water damage restoration company, like Pro-Line Cleaning Services, Inc.
Why you need to act fast:
– Mold begins to form within twelve hours
– The longer water sits, the more damage that can occur to wood, walls, and carpet.
– If there are appliances in the area of standing water, avoid that area under all circumstances. Coming into contact with that water may result in electric shock.
What should I do if my crawlspace is flooded?
Your crawlspace is the area beneath your home which allows workers to access the underside of the house to install or repair plumbing and electrical wiring. If this area becomes flooded, a water damage company will provide different instructions and recommendations based on the cause of the incident.
If sewage leaks into this area, a sewer gas evacuator may be used to help with the problem. If mold is visible, we can take the necessary steps to remove and fix the affected areas as well as clear the air of harmful mold spores.
What are the common effects of water damage?
Excess water in your house can potentially create a slew of unwanted after effects. Some being:
-Your home and personal property can be ruined or its value decreased.
– The structure of your home could become compromised, making it unsuitable to live in.
– The cost of water damage remediation services typically cost thousands of dollars.
– Paint can bubble and chip, carpets can be destroyed, and wood flooring will rot.
– Mold will grow from untreated excess water and cause serious harm to the health of you and your family.
The side effects of mold?
Mold and mildew can create a lot of issues, first and foremost, the health of you and your family can be harmed. Mold is known to be carcinogenic, which causes flu-like symptoms like diarrhea, infections, and stuffy noses. In addition, furniture, wood, and drywall can be destroyed. Less visible side effects can also occur. Like bacteria, mites, rodents and roaches all enjoy a damp area.
What does the process of water damage restoration involve?
Pro-Line Water Damage Restoration first inspects the affected area and attempt to stop the water from creating any more damage. Once that is done we will use our state-of-the-art water extraction equipment to remove standing water from the affected area. As soon as the water has been extracted, we begin the drying process with dehumidifiers and powerful air movers (fans). Once the area is dried to our satisfaction, we then test the air to make sure that moisture and mold spores have been removed.
Does my insurance cover the water damage done to my property?
Whether your insurance company will cover the damage or not depends on the source of the damage. If it was a natural disaster, like a flood; or if the damage was caused by a burst pipe. Your insurance company will also want to ensure that you had at least tried to take the necessary precautions to prevent the incident.
Pro-Line is experienced with the insurance claim process. We always in contact with insurance companies, we can help you submit your claim properly and efficiently the first time. A water damage incident is usually unexpected and can cause